Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Proud Aunt.

In May I received news I’d been hoping to hear ever for a long time: I am going to be an aunt!

Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, but this year will be extra special because “Baby Bill” is due to arrive 2 days after Christmas. I’m unbelievably excited about my niece’s or nephew’s arrival (they’re waiting until the birth to find out if it’s a girl or boy, which I love). Thanks to my sister-in-law generously sharing with us a description of what’s going on with the baby each week, I can already take an active interest in what my precious niece or nephew is up to.
This week he or she:
- weighs 12 ounces
- is growing teeth under his or her gums
- circulation is fully functional
- has eyes although the irises have no pigment yet
- can feel everything he or she touches in the womb
- and has a full set of neurons so he or she can process everything he or she is discovering around him or her
Isn’t that incredible. And look how cute his or her foot is!



For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

~ Psalm 139:13-14

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Suz, I'm SOOO excited for you and your family! It's going to be such a joy for you to be an aunt, and how you're going to bless that lil babe's life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home