Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Time is Here...



Christmas is almost here. In just 2 days I'll be with my family, get to hold my niece again, and RELAX! I've been trying to soak in the spirit of Christmas as much as possible this week because I know that once I get back all the decorations will be taken down and I once again get a funny look when I play my Christmas music. Here are some favorite things about Christmases past and present...

- "The Slip." Our family tradition all growing up where each day in December we would do a family activity such as baking cookies, making ornaments, shopping for presents, painting our windows, playing games....
- quoting the pageant with Jeremy and the Thomsens. "Minden. The Christmas City presents..."
- driving around the courthouse in Minden to enjoy the lights


- looking at lights with the Thomsens in Kearney and the infamous time we saw the naked man and when Uncle Ron ordered a watermelon, root beer slush at Sonic
- the way our family does tags on presents and gives gifts
- watching Christmas movies like Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, Love Actually, Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, A Muppet Christmas Carol, All I Want For Christmas...
- the letter my Dad writes to each of us each year, which we find in our stocking Christmas day
- driving around Nashville looking at the amazing decorations on the huge houses while Tennessee Christmas plays on my iPod
- the Christmas weekend in Atlanta with my fellow Papes, Stine and Amy, making cookies (Jingle Bell bars!) and watching movies
- buying a real Christmas tree last year with Christina, Mary Alice, and Katherine and driving it home on the top of Boy Scout
- "fighting" with Farrah this year while we put up the Christmas tree

- whenever we are all home in Minden, we attend the Christmas eve service at Mom and Dad's church & we end up having to stand and listen to the Hallelujah chorus while holding our candles. Without fail, Jeremy sings it in a really low or high voice just loud enough for me to hear and I get the giggles....which i have to hold in forever because that song lasts an eternity
- looking at all the tags on presents with Lor the first night we're home
- the "cousins" picture with the Thomsen side when no one knows which camera to look at
(We actually got it right last year!)

- watching a movie with my family after opening presents on Christmas Day...this year maybe in Jeremy's home theater!
- last year when Jeremy recited the entire Scripture passage about the shepherds from memory in his baby voice...unbelievably funny.
- the addition of Alixandra to our family this year and celebrating her one month birthday on Christmas eve!!

There are many more..."comment" any you know that I forgot!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger anne said...

Ah, Kate in that horrible jumpsuit!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Christine said...

This really put me in the Christmas mood, Suz! I can't wait to see Minden one day, and you better post more pics of Alixandra soon! Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home