Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today.



Both Stine and Allison have shared quotes from Cold Tangerines with me and said that I must read it.

I now understand why. I am loving this book. I find myself trying to savor every word like a piece of cheesecake from Carnegie Deli or like the last day of a great vacation. I don't want to get to the last page too quickly because I'm finding it so inspiring. (I have a feeling I'll just start re-reading favorite chapters and quotes like Stine and Al do now.)

One big thing I'm getting from this book is the reminder to cherish each day for the gift that it is like this quote suggests.

“Today, humble Today presents itself to us with all the ceremony and bling of a glittering diamond ring: Wear me, it says. Wear me out. Love me, dive into me, discover me, it pleads with us.”

In the spirit of embracing today, here is a list of things about today that I have enjoyed...

- fresh flowers on my new coffee table
- main street at dusk (and my view through french doors)
- katie herzig's album Apple Tree
- quiet sunday evenings
- pancakes and popsicles (yes, i've eaten both today)
- a new picture of Alix on my desktop
- wearing clothes that don't match around home and not having to care
- making lists using the new notebook and pencils i got for my birthday
- brave friendships
- feeling inspired

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Yay for a post from Suz! I knew you'd love this book and I can't wait to hear more.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Ava Grace said...

Because of quotes like that, I've decided to order this book -- can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home